Description: Introduction to crystal material types, structural organizations, and the principle use of crystals in semiconductor manufacturing.
Length of time: 1 hr.
Module: Atomic Theory
2. Crystalline organizations
3. Use of crystals
Student will be able to:
1. Explain major differences between amorphous and crystalline structures. Give an example of a material belonging to each type of structure.
2. Describe crystalline organizations and levels of organization.
3. Explain what is meant Miller index, and crystal plane.
4. Explain why are crystals important in semiconductor manufacturing.