Module 7: Heat Transfer
Description: A study of the flow of energy in vacuum components.
Length of Time: 2 hours
4. Thermal conductors and insulators
5. Thermal characteristics of materials
Student will be able to:
1. Describe the flow of energy in conduction, convection, and radiation.
2. Describe the effect of room temperature and wall radiation on a four-degree Kelvin cold head.
3. Identify the thermal characteristics of metals and ceramics.
4. Construct a thermocouple and plot the curve of emf versus temperature.