agreement is entered into between the member community colleges. Its purpose is to
encourage and enhance the advancement of semiconductor manufacturing education and
training in Virginia and to provide career preparation opportunities for students which
lead to the strengthening of economic development in the communities served by the member
This effort requires that faculty from the member colleges work together to develop
educational programs based on the competencies required by employers in the communities
served by the member colleges.
Recognizing the need for the Community College Microelectronics Consortium (CCMEC) the
- Agree to develop cooperative programs based on the identified needs and competency
requirements of area employers.
- Agree to coordinate curriculum and resource development based on the identified needs
and competency requirements of area employers.
- Agree to coordinate policies and practices in establishing articulation from secondary
to the post-secondary level resulting in a continuous path for students from one level to
the other and granting college equivalent credit while eliminating duplication of efforts
and unnecessary delays.
- Agree to utilize industry and education partnerships to provide career preparation
opportunities for students.
- Agree to cooperate with SEMATECH to develop advertising, public relations, and marketing
programs designed t attract students into a course of study that will prepare them for
further education and/or employment within the microelectronics and related fields.
- Agree to provide appropriate counseling and advisement services with secondary and post
secondary level populations to ensure that they receive information and services necessary
for program admission, coordination, and completion.
7. Agree that additional cooperative agreements may also be appended to this agreement
by any of the member institutions if they advance the goals of the consortium.